Using herbs is just one part of living a holistic lifestyle. In this chapter you will learn how to support your lifestyle through many different natural avenues.
Learn about terms like Adaptogen, Carminative, Nervine, Antipyretic etc.
An introduction to how to match herbs to a person's constitution for best results.
Use this simplified cheat sheet for common conditions and which herbs to use for them.
Discover uncomplicated methods to turn herbs into medicine.
Learn how to blend your own teas and discover some out of the box ways to use tea.
This chapter includes tried and true home remedies that have been around for ages.
Take your knowledge of herbs further by creating your own Materia Medica with our monograph pages.
Find continued support through our online community of like-minded families.
Herb School is a self-paced course teaching the fundamentals of using herbs within the home and community. After completing the requirements you can proudly call yourself a herbalist if you like. Requirements to earn a certificate in family herbalism are:
- Read through Herb School in it's entirety.
- Choose at the minimum 12 herbs to record in your Materia Medica.
- Make a recipe with each of the 12 herbs.
- Email us with a description of what herbs you studied and recipes you made for evaluation.
- Study one herb a week.
- Nature journal it with watercolors or colored pencils.
- Fill out a monograph page which is provided for you to create your Materia medica (herbal book of knowledge).
- Make an herbal recipe to help build your home apothecary.